Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Target Audience, My work & Formats

TARGET AUDIENCE:

Trying to find all about my target audience, I searched the sites of two different animation studios:

1. http://www.animink.com/main2.html
This studio gives
2D, 3D and web animation services. The staff consists of men and women of a young age. They all seem like a fun and well communicative group. They dress with comfortable clothes, like jeans and t-shirts and no suits. They look like they are very close with each other and they know and care about each other's lives. You can tell from the way the info about each person is written that they joke and laugh a lot. They even mention on their "about us" info that they have a cat in the studio. A pet always brings people together and brings the good that each person has inside him outside! It seems like a very nice environment to work in! Plus, what I really like about this company is that they hire people that don't even have a degree on the job they are doing. It is good because they are open to give opportunities to people, test them and if they are fast learners and good at the job that was given to them, then why not keep them.

2. http://www.laika.com/
This company consists of filmmakers, designers and animators. Their latest movie Coraline is now playing in theaters. The staff consists of all kind of people young, old, men, women. They all look very comfortable with each other, like the staff of the first studio I talked about. They all wear their regular clothes (comfortable clothes, no suits). Happy environment with lots of fun and a great work production. All the people look professionals in their work, but still they don't miss fun from their work. A good environment always helps people be more creative and increase the company's production.


MY WORK - AUDIENCE:
Most of their work is cartoonish, child-like and fantasy, like most of my work that I have done until now. Though, because all my work is a product of a class project I cannot really say that all these projects describe me and my work. I'm gonna need to show them that I can work within a group and keep up with everyone. In an interview they will need to see that I can communicate well with other people and that I am a fun person who does a great job!


FORMATS:

Personal Website
:
Every digital artist should have a website to display his/her work. Today, I believe this is the most effective way to advertise.

DVD:
I believe this is the best format to have your porfolio because you can have it with you wherever you go and it contains more space for high quality videos.

CD:
CD is another format to have your portfolio. It is very easy to have it around but it contains less space than the DVD.

Email:
It is a nice and quick way to send your portfolio to your future clients and employers.

Laptop:
It is an alternate way to have with you your portfolio just in case you run out of DVDs or CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment